Kinlough Recreational Pitches & Ursuline Hockey Pitch
Leitrim County Council in conjunction with Kinlough Community Council developed a Multi-Purpose Recreational Facility (MPRF) including base preparation, drainage, surfacing, fencing, lighting, footpaths and associated works at Kinlough, Co. Leitrim.
The MPRF and associated works which was carried out to FAI Guidance Document Standards included the following key elements:
- Playing Area: playing area of 600 sq.m with dimensions 30m x 20m excluding the protruding goal ends.
- Markings: multi-use markings to include sports of Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, and Gaelic football.
- Fencing: perimeter fencing erected around the MPRF including support foundations and strut supports.
- Access / Egress Gates: secured and lockable with universal key.
- Floodlighting: to FAI Guidance Document Standards with associated control panel, ducting, lamp posts and exterior light fixings.
- Associated Site Development Works: including excavation, disposal, sub-base preparation, drainage system, footpaths, ducting, signage, surfacing, reinstatement and landscaping.
This Contract was procured under the Public Works Contract for Civil Engineering Works in accordance with the Department of Public Expenditure.
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
Jennings O’Donovan providing consulting engineering services and technical assistance for the development of the Kinlough Recreational Pitches including:
- Design and Preparation of MPRF Layout Drawings.
- Organising site investigations.
- Risk Assessment of overall project and allocation of specific risks through the contract documents.
- Preparation of Contract/Tender Documents.
- Tender evaluation and recommendation on the most economically advantageous tender.
- Undertaking the role of PSDP.
- Site inspections, contract administration, checking and financial management.
- Preparation of the Final Account, as constructed drawings, delivery of the Safety File and O&M Manual.
Ursuline Hockey Pitch