Jennings O’Donovan have worked as principal designer on a number of projects since the implementation of the 2016 Regulations.
Principal Designers have an important role in influencing how risks to health and safety are managed throughout a project. Design decisions made during the pre-construction phase have a significant influence in ensuring the project is delivered in a way that secures the health and safety of everyone affected by the work.
As Principal Designers Jennings O’Donovan provide the following services:
- To plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety in the Pre-Construction phase.
- Preparation of the NI 10 form on behalf of the Client.
- Preparation of the Pre-Construction Information Pack on Behalf of the client.
- Provide Advise to the Client on Pre-Construction Information.
- Working with other designers on the project to eliminate, reduce or control risks.
- Coordinating the works of everyone involved in the Pre-Construction phase of the project.
- To liaise with the Principal Contractor keeping them informed of any risks that need to be controlled during the construction phase.