Lisheen II Wind Farm
Located in County Tipperary, Lisheen II Wind Farm is a 12 turbine project developed by Brookfield (Bord Gáis Energy) through its subsidiary, Lisheen II Wind Farm Limited. Jennings O’Donovan were engaged by the Civil Contractor Balfour Beatty to carry out Civil and Structural design services for the Lisheen II Wind Farm.
Services carried out by Jennings O’Donovan included:
- Providing developed design, drawings and specification of the chosen concept to assist the Contractor prepare the most competitive Tender.
- Liaising with Statutory Bodies and Private Utility companies and obtaining necessary approvals in connection with the design.
- Prepare a Quality Plan to ISO 9001 and assisting the Contractor to integrate this with the Contractor’s Quality Plan for the Contract.
- Provide advice concerning construction risks and any uncertainty with regard to design development.
Detailed Design Stage
- Preparing a fully detailed design, co-ordinating and integrating all relevant design input produced by the Contractor, the Employer, Sub-contractors, Suppliers and other third parties in accordance with the Contract and the validated design programme.
- Preparing and distributing in consultation with the Contractor all structural and civil working drawings, calculations, schedules and specifications for materials and workmanship and information for the Contractor to set out, construct and complete the Works in accordance with the Contract.
- Undertaking the duties of the Designer and Health & Safety Co-ordinate.
- Attending co-ordination meetings, attendance at site visits, site meetings and any other meetings required by the Contractor in connection with the Project.
- Amending the design to suit any variations issued by the Employer or the Contractor.
- Inspecting, witnessing and advising, as appropriate, on specified tests on or off site and certifying the tests or adequacy of the Works.
- Producing record/as built drawings and other handover documentation as required by the Contract or the Contractor.