Killybegs and Lettermacaward Regional Water Supply Schemes Project
The overriding strategic objective of the Killybegs and Lettermacaward Water Supply Schemes Project is to provide a sustainable supply of wholesome drinking water in full compliance with European Communities Drinking Water Regulations (ECDWR) to all consumers in the Killybegs, Lettermacaward, Glenties, Portnoo and Fintown areas of West Donegal. The completion of the project will remove schemes from the EPA Remedial Action List and meet customer services obligations in terms of water quality and availability.
The Killybegs and Lettermacaward Regional Water Supply Schemes Project provides for the upgrade two existing Water Treatment Plants (WTPs), the upgrade an existing raw water impoundment, together with associated pipeline works and reservoir storage facilities in the network supply area.
Details of the Water Treatment Plant works include:
- Design Build works at the existing Killybegs WTP to upgrade the treated water capacity from 4,500m3/day to 11,850m3/day
- Operation Service of the existing Killybegs WTP for a period of 18 months during Design Build works
- Design Build works at the existing Lettermacaward WTP to upgrade the treated water capacity from 1,350m3/day to 2,800m3/day.
- Operation Service of the existing Lettermacaward WTP, for a period of 12 months, during Design Build works.
- Design Build works of a new concrete gravity dam at Derkmore Lough and associated raw water main to Lettermacaward WTP.
Network Linkage Improvements Killybegs WS Area to Glenties WS Area including:
- Booster Pumping Station at Curraghfeaghan
- 1,200m3 storage reservoir at Meeneakillew
- Approximately 11,200 of 180mm diameter water distribution pipelines.
Network Linkage Improvements Lettermacaward WS Area to Portnoo WS Area including:
- Approximately 3,900 of 200mm and 160mm diameter water distribution pipelines
- Booster Pumping Station at Naran/Portnoo.
Network Linkage Improvements Lettermacaward WS Area to Glenties and Fintown WS Area including:
- Booster Pumping Stations at Kincrum/Cleengort, Lough Muck, Shallogans and Drumlaghrid
- 1,500m3 storage reservoir at Derryloughan
- Approximately 11,100m of 180mm and 160mm diameter water distribution pipelines.
Services provided by Jennings O’Donovan
The Main Consultancy Services being provided by Jennings O’Donovan in conjunction with Aecom included Design Review Report, Water Audits, Detailed Design including EPANet modelling of all RWSS areas, Environmental Risk Assessments, Appropriate Assessments, EIS Strategy Report, Site Investigations, Wayleaves, CPO Schedules, Contract Documentation, PSDP, Planning Documentation, Tender Process and Construction Administration.