Derrycarney 110kV Substation & Lumcloon 100MW BESS Project
Jennings O’Donovan & Partners Limited were engaged as Owners Engineer by Hanwha Energy Corporation Limited, the Irish subsidiary of Korean Energy Company Hanwha Energy.
The project consists of the construction and installation of 100MW Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) containing battery units and medium voltage power station (MVPS) enclosures.
The project also involved the construction of the Derrycarney 110kV AIS loop in Substation and compound, including the alteration of the existing 110kV OHL network. The construction phase is ongoing, with an energisation date of mid-December 2020.
The 100MW of BESS is aimed specifically at supporting Ireland’s 2020 renewable targets by enabling greater levels of wind and solar to be accommodated on the Grid.
Jennings O’Donovan & Partners role of Owners Engineer included the following services;
- Contract Drafting including Employer’s Requirements/Specification
- Contract Negotiation
- Declaration of Identify
- Assisting in queries related to Financial Close.
- Administering the D&B Contract
- General Project Management
- Reviewing Civil & Electrical Designs
- Acting as SPOC with EirGrid
- Monitoring quality and programme
- Site attendance and placement of a Resident Engineer
- Monitoring interfaces
- Assessing payments and issuing Payment Certificates
- Assessing contractors claims and issuing Engineers Determinations