Building and Infrastructure Team in the North West
Jennings O’Donovan and Partners are currently seeking to recruit a Civil/Structural Project Engineer, Design Engineer and a CAD Technician to join our Building and Infrastructure Team in the North West.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of professionals who cover a broad range of Renewable Energy, Residential, Commercial and Industrial projects in the public and private sector.
We will offer the successful candidate a defined career path for development in one of the largest privately owned Engineering consultancies in Ireland.
The position of Project Engineer will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering (a Level 9 Master’s Degree would be an advantage) with a minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience preferably in the area of civil and structural engineering design. The position of Design Engineer 2+ years of relevant experience is required.
- You will hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Project Engineer, a minimum 4+ years’ relevant work experience in a design consultancy in Ireland. Design Engineers 2+ years relevant work Experience.
- Competent at structural engineering design in all common materials including concrete and steel.
- Civil/Structural Design Experience on building projects (residential, mixed use developments, industrial and commercial) in the public & private sector.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector would be an advantage.
- Proficient in structural design to Eurocodes and British Standards.
- Ability to liaise with members of design / construction teams.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines working as part of a team.
- Experience and knowledge of Structural Design Software, AutoCad, Microsoft Office applications.
- Advantage to be proficient in MicroStation & Rebar; Microdrainage or other Utility programs for Drainage and Structural design software.
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills.
As a member of the Structural Engineering Team, you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Site inspections.
- Preparation and Review of detailed design calculations and reports.
- Preparation of contract specifications and drawings.
- Liaison with REVIT & CAD technicians to produce drawings that accurately reflect design outputs.
- Contribute to the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Direct communication and meetings with Clients.
- Implementing the company’s ISO policies and procedures.
- Assist in the Preparation of tenders for new work.
What we can Offer:
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- Professional membership fees.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- A defined career path with clear objectives and progression structure.
- A strong CPD commitment.
- The opportunity to work and grow in a dynamic and growing division of design and Project Management professionals.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your C.V. to email@example.com.
Jennings O’Donovan specialises in renewable energy, water supply, wastewater treatment and in the provision of planning and environmental services. Founded in 1950, Jennings O’Donovan is an award-winning company, which is wholly Irish owned has offices in Sligo, Dublin and Castlebar. The extent of the services provided by the company covers a broad range of sectors including civil, structural, environmental engineering, health and safety, housing and commercial, aquaculture, flood relief, tourism, leisure amenity, water, wastewater and the renewable energy sector.