Sliabh Bawn Wind Farm
Sliabh Bawn is a 20 Wind Turbine Generator wind farm with an overall capacity of 58MW. Located near Strokestown in County Roscommon, the project includes a 110kV sub-station, grid connection infrastructure and a new access road.
Jennings O’Donovan is the Project Leader and PSDP on a Joint Venture providing all Client Representative duties to bring the project through the Planning and Construction stages. The role covers that of Owners Engineer, Civil Engineering, Planning, Environmental, Turbine Supply, Grid Connection and Construction Management services to the project owner, Coillte. Civil works construction was completed in 2016 and turbine erection is at an advanced stage. Our work included:
- Project Management of full Planning Application.
- Engaging with stakeholders regarding forestry interests, landowner issues and residents’ concerns.
- Public Consultation Phases, including open evenings, information brochures, leaflet drops, press releases and radio interviews.
- Haul Route assessment, establishing site access options and agreement of works with Roads Authority.
- Full Environmental Impact Assessment and Planning Application.
- Comprehensive response to Appeals to An Bord Pleanála, resulting in the positive decision being upheld in March 2012.
- Planning Compliance and Construction and Environmental Management Plan.
- Design and preparation of Contract Documents.
- Procurement, tender evaluation and recommendation.
- Construction administration including review of contractor engineering documentation, risk assessments and method statements.
- Reviewing payment applications, assessing claims and processing payment certificates.
- Managing the safety file through the project lifecycle to Client handover on project close out.