Mullingar Sewerage Scheme
Jennings O’Donovan were employed by BAM Civil Ltd., to provide full Civil and Structural Design Services for the Mullingar Sewerage Improvement Scheme. With a construction value of €28 million, the Mullingar Waste Water Treatment Works (WwTW) Project is a 20 year DBO Contract and includes the operation and maintenance in addition to the development of the Wastewater Treatment Plant from 30,000p.e. to the ultimate 55,000p.e. capacity.
The principal elements designed by Jennings O’Donovan included:
Lynn Road Pumping Station
- 6,000m3 capacity, measuring 25m in diameter and 18m deep and with 4.5m3/s storm overflow pipeline.
- 1,200mm diameter secant pile wall acting as a permanent retaining structure for soil and surcharge loads.
- 1,000mm deep reinforced concrete base cast and anchored onto bedrock.
Lynn Road Control, Generator & ESB Building
- Blockwork building, 4m to ridge level, with a shallow pitched industrial sheeted roof.
- Reinforced concrete raft foundation support on 300mm diameter ductile iron pipes 18m deep.
Aeration and Anoxic Tanks
- 2 Nr. 6,300m3 capacity, circular tanks measuring 36.5m in diameter with 6m high wall.
- Aeration tank with 900mm reinforced concrete base supported on 36m deep precast concrete piles.
- 2 Nr. 1,200m3 capacity, circular tanks 21.5m in diameter supported on 36m deep precast concrete piles.
Tertiary Filters and Tanks
- 4 Nr. Reinforced concrete filters measuring 12m long, 4.5m wide and 5.3m deep.
- Supported on 300 x 300mm precast concrete piles up to 20m deep.
Sludge Treatment Centre for 104,220p.e.
- 160m2 and 8.6m high steel portal frame Sludge Reception Building
- 370m2 and 8.6m high steel portal frame Sludge Drying Building.
New 1,800mm Dia. Interceptor Sewer, 630mm O.D. Rising Main & 675mm Dia. Treated Effluent Outfall;
New Access Road to WWTP and new Accommodation Building in Cullionbeg, Mullingar.
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
Jennings O’Donovan works included Civil Works Design; Preparation of General Arrangement Drawings; Process Pipework (up to 1,800mm dia) and Site Services Pipework