Glenveagh National Park
Glenveagh National Park is located to the north of Donegal approximately 14 miles north west of Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.
The Park is made up of over 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, flows and woods. The Castle is approximately 3km south west of the car park and is surrounded by some of the most beautiful and best maintained gardens in Ireland.
The car park is capable of holding approximately 170 cars not including private buses and has a nature centre and playground. Visitors to the Castle are required to park their cars in the car park and travel by mini bus to the Castle. However, this is mainly used by the elderly and the disabled with the majority of visitors deciding to walk the 3km to the Castle.
The existing road is approximately 3m wide which leaves the road very congested and causing a hazard with pedestrians, bicycles, wheel chairs and mini bus on the road at the same time. It is not unknown for there to be hundreds of visitors to the park at any one time.
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
Jennings O’Donovan have provided various services the last number of years including:
- Proposals for methods of transport of visitors from car park to Glenveagh Castle
- Ground Enhancement Works
- Extending walk/cycle path to provide safer access to the park and castle
- Resurfacing and extending existing path with additional rest areas along the route
- Resurface the castle grounds.
- Construction of a new footbridge across the river, through wooded area
- Upgrade of Wastewater Treatment Works
- Upgrading of the existing wastewater treatment facilities for the Administration Buildings and visitors Carpark Toilets