Four Roscommon Regional Water Supply Schemes
The overriding strategic objective of the project was to provide a sustainable supply of wholesome drinking water in full compliance with European Communities Drinking Water Regulations (ECDWR) to all consumers in the 4 Roscommon RWSS Area.
The Innovative approach of bringing together five separate Water Treatment Plants (WTPs) spread over the length of County Roscommon from North to South into one overall Project made possible the delivery of treated water at the earliest possible date to some 31,400 people and the removal permanently of boil notices in the 4 Roscommon Regional Water Supply Schemes (RWSS) Project Area.
The constituent schemes collectively comprising the 4 Roscommon RWSS Project are:
- South Roscommon RWSS (Lisbrock and Killeglan WTPs)
- Roscommon Central RWSS (Ballinagard WTP)
- Boyle Ardcarne RWSS (Rockingham WTP)
- Arigna RWSS (Ballyfarnon WTP)
In order to make a sustainable supply of quality drinking water available to existing consumers, five new WTP’s were constructed at Lisbrock, Killeglan, Ballinagard, Rockingham and Ballyfarnon with a combined treatment capacity of 22,550m3day.
The 4 Roscommon RWSS Water Treatment DBO Contract consists of:
- New 7,000m3/day WTP at Killeglan (South Roscommon)
- New 4,000m3/day WTP at Lisbrock (South Roscommon)
- New 5,200m3/day WTP at Ballinagard (Roscommon Central)
- New 5,000m3/day WTP at Rockingham (Boyle/Ardcarne)
- New 1,350m3/day WTP at Ballyfarnon (Arigna).
- 28 production well boreholes including pumps and rising mains to WTPs
- Provision of a Booster Pumping Station at Rockhill (Arigna).
- Provision of instrumentation, bulk metering, outlet sampling and telemetry at existing outlying treated water storage reservoir sites.
- Interim operation and maintenance of the existing water treatment facilities for the duration of the Design Build Phase.
- Operation and maintenance of the existing and new facilities for a 20 year O&M period.
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
The Main Consultancy Services provided by Jennings O’Donovan included Design Review Report, Water Audits, Detailed Design, Water Abstraction Orders, Environmental Risk Assessments, Strategy Report, Contract Documentation, PSDP, Part 8 Planning Documentation , Tender Process and Construction Administration for 4 separate Regional Water Supply Schemes with five individual water treatment plants.