Four Roscommon Regional Water Supply Schemes Project – Water Supply
The constituent schemes which collectively comprise the Four Roscommon Regional Water Supply Schemes Project are Boyle/Ardcarne RWSS; Roscommon Central RWSS; South Roscommon RWSS; and Arigna RWSS. This appointment included Stage (i) Design Review Report and subsequent Stages (ii) to (v) for five water supply distribution pipeline contracts. PSDP services were provided throughout.
The Project includes the procurement by DBO of five water treatment plants at Lisbrock, Killeglan, Ballinagard, Rockingham and Ballyfarnon with a combined treatment capacity of 22,550m3/day. Details of the pipeline contracts are as follows:
- South Roscommon RWSS – Lisbrock to Athlone – 23km of Rising Mains, Trunk Mains and Distribution Mains including 13,194m of 450/400/350mm dia DI main and 6,000m3 Reservoir at Feamore – Construction Complete.
- Boyle/Ardcarne RWSS – 12.1km of Rising Mains, Trunk Mains and Distribution Mains of 400/300/250/200mm dia and 2,000m3 Reservoir at Ardcarne – Construction Complete.
- Arigna RWSS – 36km of Rising Mains, Trunk Mains and Distribution Mains of diameters ranging from 90mm to 355mm OD, and 1,000m3 reservoir at Ballyfermoyle – Construction Complete.
- South Roscommon RWSS – Killeglan to Athlone – 20km of Trunk Mains including 9,650m of 400mm dia DI Main and 7,000m3 Reservoir – Contract Documents Complete.
- Roscommon Central RWSS – 19.6km of Rising Mains, Trunk Mains and Distribution Mains including 2,432m of 400mm dia DI main, 7,000m3 Reservoir at Gallowstown and 1,000m3 Reservoir at Mullymux – Contract Documents Complete.
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
The Main Consultancy Services provided by Jennings O’Donovan included Design Review Report, Water Audits, Detailed Design including EPANet modelling of all 4 RWSSs, Environmental Risk Assessments, Contract Documentation, PSDP, Part 8 Planning Documentation, Tender Process and Construction Administration for 4 separate Regional Water Supply Schemes in County Roscommon. These individual pipeline contracts are located throughout County Roscommon.