Crockandun Wind Farm
Located south of Draperstown in County Derry, Crockandun Wind Farm is a 6 Wind Turbine Generator wind farm with an overall capacity of 18MW. Jennings O’Donovan were appointed by Bord Gáis, (now Brookfield Renewable Energy), as Consulting Engineers and Principal Designer (CDM Co-ordinator) to advance construction works for the consented six turbine wind farm located between Crockandun Hills and Straw Mountain, 4km south of Draperstown. The development consists of the construction of six wind turbines up to 125m high and including transformers, hardstandings, substation, borrow pits, access roads together with all ancillary works associated with the wind farm development.
Our role covered that of Owners Engineers, Civil Engineering, Planning Compliance, Environmental and Construction Management services. Civil Works were substantially completed in late 2016 with energisation following in January 2017. Duties included:
- Planning Compliance and Construction and Environmental Management Plan.
- Geotechnical Investigations works, confirmation of borrow pit suitability, and detailed Peat Risk Assessment.
- Design and preparation of Contract Documents.
- Procurement, tender evaluation and recommendation.
- Assessment of competence of contractor to act as Principal Contractor.
- Construction administration including review of contractor engineering documentation, risk assessments and method statements.
- Reviewing payment applications, assessing claims and processing payment certificates.
- CDM Co-ordinator for the project duration from planning compliance through procurement to construction to commissioning.
- Managing the safety file through the project lifecycle to Client handover on project close out.