County Donegal Towns & Villages Sewerage Scheme
Jennings O’Donovan are providing consulting engineering services to Irish Water for the development of wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure at the following towns and villages located throughout County Donegal:
- Ballybofey-Stranorlar: 12,000p.e.
- Carrigart: 1,000p.e.
- Mountcharles: 1,000p.e.
- Ramelton: 2,050p.e.
- Milford: 1,800p.e.
- Kilmacrennan: 1,300p.e.
- Buncrana: 13,000p.e.
- Rathmullan: 2,200p.e.
Preliminary Reports have been prepared for both the WwTP’s and networks at each location. The WwTP element of the design reports included detailed population assessment, receiving water assessment, existing treatment plant review and recommendations for upgrading the plants to meet the receiving waters discharge requirements for current and future design loadings. The methodology included process optimisation to achieve maximum output from existing treatment units at least cost.
The network elements of the preliminary/design review reports included network surveys, network models, existing networks assessments and solutions for rehabilitation, upgrade and extensions. It also included network pumping stations and SWO compliance review.
The Preliminary Reports were completed in 2014 and work is currently ongoing on Environmental Reporting including Appropriate Assessments and Invasive Species Surveys; Utility Reports, Site Investigation and Topographical Surveys, all with a view to completion in 2017 of design and submission of Planning Applications for the proposed wastewater infrastructure improvements.
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
The main consultancy services and technical assistance being provided by Jennings O’Donovan include:
- Preparation of Design Reports for the Wastewater Treatment Plants, Pumping Stations and Outfall Pipelines at each location.
- Organising sewer network studies including manhole, CCTV, flow and load, infiltration, sewer rehabilitation, Hydraulic Modelling and GIS.
- Risk Assessment of overall project including workshop with Council Staff and allocation of specific risks through the contract documents.
- Preparation of Planning Applications for all proposed new infrastructure development.
- Preparation of Pre-Qualification documents and evaluation of submissions from Contractors.
- Preparation of Contract/Tender Documents.
- Undertaking the role of PSDP.