Bundoran / Killybegs / Glencolmcille and Convoy Sewerage Schemes – Donegal Group B Bundle
The Donegal Group B Sewerage Schemes bundle comprises four separate Sewerage Schemes for the towns of Killybegs, Bundoran, Glencolmcille and Convoy. The project involves the provision of four waste water treatment plants, pumping stations, rising main pipelines, two marine outfall pipelines, industrial sewer network in Killybegs and the extension and upgrade of sewer network pipelines in each town with a construction cost of €30 million the work is being undertaken under two Design Build contracts. One contract, Contract No. 2 is complete and construction of Contract No. 1 for the treatment plants commenced in April 2016. A summary of the main elements of all four schemes is as follows:
- New 4,200 p.e. waste water treatment works.
- New Main Pumping Station and 2 No. outlying pumping stations.
- Industrial Collection System for the fish processors comprising of 3.0km of gravity and pressure mains.
- Upgrade of the existing collection system including rehabilitation of 5.5km of existing sewers.
- 7 km of 225 – 300mm dia foul sewers.
- Land Based outfall comprising of 1.1km of twin 250mm dia rising mains and 1.3km of 600mm dia gravity pipeline.
- Major Marine outfall: comprising of a 500mm dia pipeline, 750m long terminating in 32m depth of water constructed by directional drilling.
- New 12,000 p.e. waste water treatment works.
- Main pumping station and storm holding tank.
- Network Pumping Station and 2.2km of 225mm to 525mm dia foul sewers.
- Outfall comprising of 1.5km of 300mm dia rising main and 1.5km of 450mm gravity marine section.
- New 1,000 p.e. waste water treatment works.
- 2 No network pumping stations
- New sewer network comprising of 2.6km of 225mm to 300mm diameter sewers.
- Upgrade of existing treatment works to 3,500 p.e.
- 350m of 375mm diameter sewer
- Rehabilitation of 3.0km of existing sewers
Services Provided by Jennings O’Donovan
Jennings O’Donovan provided Consulting Engineering services as a sole trader for the Preliminary Report Stage (i) and as the lead on a JV on Stages (ii) to (v) on this project. The main consultancy services and technical assistance provided by Jennings O’Donovan included:
- Inputs to Donegal County Sludge Management Plan.
- Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement for the Killybegs Wastewater Treatment Plant, Pumping Station and Outfall Pipeline.
- Organising sewer network studies including manhole, CCTV, flow and load, infiltration, sewer rehabilitation, Hydraulic Modelling and GIS at Killybegs.
- Risk Assessment of overall project including workshop with Council Staff and allocation of specific risks through the contract documents.
- Preparation of Pre-Qualification documents and evaluation of submissions from Contractors.
- Preparation of Contract/Tender Documents.
- Tender evaluation and recommendation on the most economically advantageous tender for both contracts.
- Undertaking the role of PSDP.
- Site inspections, contract administration, checking and financial management.
- Provision of site supervisory staff.
- Preparation of the Final Account, as constructed drawings, delivery of the Safety File and O&M Manuals for Contract No. 2.