Barnastooka Wind Farm
Located near Kilgarvan, Co. Kerry, the proposed Barnastooka Wind Farm comprises 14 Wind Turbine Generators with an overall capacity of 42MW. Jennings O’Donovan provided Owner’s Engineer, Engineering Design, Planning and Environmental Services from feasibility study through grant of planning permission and pre construction planning compliance for this project which is located in an area of sensitive environmental designation.
Works completed by Jennings O’Donovan included:
- Full Feasibility Study (Planning/Environmental/Grid).
- Review of relevant planning and renewable/wind energy development policy.
- Planning Context & all current Relevant Legislation review.
- Review of all relevant existing Planning Files and Reports.
- Pre‐planning and Planning Discussions/Consultations/Meetings with relevant authorities.
- Preparation of Planning Application, including maps, planning drawings and schedule of documents.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening.
- Preparation and Management of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statement.
- Preparation of responses to Submissions and Observations on the Planning Application.
- Further Information Submission which involved management of Extensive Archaeological surveys and Test Trenching.
- Amendment Applications for increased hardstanding areas and for increase in Turbine Height.
- Declaration of Identity and Land Lease mapping.
- Bridge Designs for sensitive watercourse crossings.
- Detailed Haul Route Assessment, Site Access Options, abnormal load delivery feasibility assessments, site entrance designs.
- Internal Site Road design including hardstands and drainage.
- Public Road Upgrade designs including agreement of works with the Roads Office.