Jennings O’Donovan can offer a complete design and project management solution to deliver Commercial Bank Building projects to a successful conclusion. Under our lead, we can provide a skilled and responsive team for any Bank Development Project that may require Structural, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical, Project Management and Health & Safety Consulting Engineering Services. The extent of works required to complete any potential projects may vary depending on the particular Banking Development.
Jennings O’Donovan can offer a flexible, skilled and responsive service which may be summarised as follows:
Preliminary Project Development
- Establish the current as-built status of the project, through on-site surveys and inspections and information gathering including from previous Contractors and Consultants where necessary.
- Review Planning and Legislative requirements and conditions, and establish the current Compliance Status.
- Advise on the need for further investigations and surveys.
- Provide a detailed report on a suitable Value Engineering proposal, including preliminary cost estimates, which will be acceptable to the relevant Planning Authority and to AIB.
Project Design and Cost Control
- Proceed with Detailed Structural and Mechanical & Electrical Design on the basis of the agreed completion works proposal.
- Develop Designs, Drawings and Specifications for the agreed completion proposal.
- Provide a particular focus on sustainable design and construction methods and technologies.
- Develop a Cost Plan for the agreed completion proposal.
- Prepare a Construction Programme and Management Plan.
- Prepare a Preliminary Health & Safety Plan and implement Health & Safety Procedures in accordance with Statutory Regulations.
- Monitor Construction Works in accordance with best industry practice and the developed Health & Safety Plan.
- Provide co-ordinated inspections of the on-site works.
- Oversee the implementation of Health & Safety Procedures in accordance with Statutory Regulations.
- Issue Progress and Cost Reports on the construction works to AIB on a monthly basis (or as otherwise agreed).
- Provide certification in relation to Planning, Building Regulations, and Design and Construction within Jennings O’Donovan / TME scope, upon completion of the project.
- Provide Defects Liability works as appropriate to the contract.
- Handover the Safety File upon project completion.
Certification and Due Diligence
- Carry out Structural Survey and prepare Report.
- Provide certification in relation to Planning and Building Regulations, if appropriate.
- Conduct Due Diligence and full Legal Review of Title, Rights of Way, Easements and any burdens, if appropriate.
Previous Work Undertaken by Jennings O’Donovan
Jennings O’Donovan have completed various projects for the Banking Sector, some of these include:
AIB Stephen Street, Sligo: 2015
- AIB undertook a total new fit out of the AIB Bank building in Stephen Street, Sligo during 2015. Jennings O’Donovan and TME services came together to offer a complete design and project management solution for the delivery of this project. Jennings O’Donovan were involved in the structural design of changing the main banking hall, meeting rooms and offices. A key feature of the project was developing a design solution which would allow the Bank remain open at all times during the course of the works which was designed and monitored by TME Services as part of the Jennings O’Donovan team. Jennings O’Donovan also oversaw the builders works for Mechanical and Electrical works.
AIB Building, Stephen Street, Sligo: 1990 – 2005
- Original extension to rear of building.
- New lift well and general structural alterations and upgrading throughout the building. Co-ordination of M&E Services.
- Development of rear entrance from Connaughton Road Car Park.
- Design of major beam support member for ope in original building gable wall.
AIB Building, Donegal Town: 2000 – 2003
- Major structural alterations on ground floor and extension to rear of building. Co-ordination of M&E Services.
AIB Building, Bundoran: 2000 – 2001
- Structural alterations to internal layout. Co-ordination of M&E Services.
AIB Building, Ballyshannon: 2004
- General structural alterations.
In addition, structural surveys and reports were carried out on AIB premises at Collooney, Dungloe and Gweedore.