Ballycumber Wind Farm
Located near Tinahely, Co. Wicklow, the proposed Ballycumber Wind Farm comprises 6 Wind Turbine Generators with an overall capacity of 19.2MW. Jennings O’Donovan are providing Owner’s Engineer, Planning Compliance, Civil and Electrical Engineering Design, PSDP and Project Management Services for the pre-construction, construction and commissioning of the Project.
Construction is scheduled to commence in mid 2017 and works completed include:-
- Conducting Due Diligence Review of all existing Project Data; Identify Additional Studies/Consultations
- Preparation of preliminary indicative cost estimate for civil works and electrical works elements for input into Preliminary Cost Plan.
- Liaison with, and planning compliance submissions to, Planning Authority (Section 5, Bonds, Development Charges, Management and Construction Plans).
- Preparation of Construction and Environmental Management Plan (CEMP).
- Grid Connection – Substation Integration – Interfacing with ESB Networks / Mullan Grid in relation to sub-stations and Grid Connection aspects.
- Preparation of Draft Declaration of Identity and Draft Certificate of Planning Compliance for Financial Close
- Site Investigations Contract Documentation and Contract Administration for agreed Site Investigations.
- Agreeing Haul Route, Service Road, Liaison with County Council regarding and Identifying public road works.
- Turbine Supply Contract
- Reviewing project documents supplied by Siemens.
- Preparing turbine employers requirements document.
- Providing inputs to project financial model.
- Attending contract negotiation meetings and provide technical assistance to finalise turbine supply and O&M contracts.
- Liaising with wind resource assessors and other technical advisors.
- Project Management including Programme Monitoring and the preparation of inputs to Progress Reports to Client and to Funders.
- Assigned Certifier role in terms of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations, 2014.