SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
Jennings and Donovan and Partners are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Project Civil Engineer to join our Building and Infrastructure Team in the North West. We are currently experiencing significant growth in our Building and Infrastructure Division.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of professionals who cover a broad range of Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Recreational projects in the public and private sector.
We will offer the successful candidate a defined career path for development in one of the largest privately owned Engineering consultancies in Ireland.
The position Project (Civil) Engineer will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Master’s Degree would be an advantage) with a minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience preferably in the area of building orientated Structural, Civil and Roads Design.
- You will hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum 4+ years’ relevant work experience in a design consultancy.
- Civil/Structural Design Experience on building projects (residential, mixed use developments, industrial and commercial) in the public & private sector
- Road, Traffic and Junction Design Experience
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines working as part of a team.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit and Bentley.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Advantage to be proficient in MicroStation & Rebar; Microdrainage or other Utility programs for Drainage and Structural design software.
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills.
As a member of the Building & Infrastructure Team, you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Preparation of contract specifications and drawings.
- Surveying and site inspections.
- Preparation and Review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Contribute to the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Direct communication and meetings with Clients.
- Implementing the company’s ISO policies and procedures.
- Assist in the Preparation of tenders.
What we can Offer
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- A defined career path with clear objectives and progression structure.
- A strong CPD commitment.
- The opportunity to work and grow in a dynamic and growing division of design and Project Management professionals.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennings O’Donovan specialises in renewable energy, water supply, wastewater treatment and in the provision of planning and environmental services. Founded in 1950, Jennings O’Donovan is an award-winning company, which is wholly Irish owned has offices in Sligo, Dublin and Castlebar. The extent of the services provided by the company covers a broad range of sectors including civil, structural, environmental engineering, health and safety, housing and commercial, aquaculture, flood relief, tourism, leisure amenity, water, wastewater and the renewable energy sector.